WEEK 5 UPDATERead Now
This week, all build leads and their groups converged with the robot leads to work on the main robot. The battery box was first moved due to an issue we discovered, where another component of the robot would interfere with it. Then, we figured out how to string our elevator to generate the type of motion we wanted. We attached the cargo and hatch panel manipulators together and mounted them to the robot using linking arms. We assembled lots of gearboxes and attached motors, pulleys, belts, chains, and sprockets. We moved our electronics on our modular board to be more space efficient. We moved our motor controllers on a separate modular board to fit better and allow space for elevator motors. This was done after figuring out where to mount the elevator motors. We also made and mounted bumper brackets to allow the robot to be protected during game-play. Finally, we fabricated the designed “stilts”, or the back poles that lift up our robot to allow us to get onto a tall step, in addition to our elevator.
Over the past week, the software team has been relentlessly working on finishing up programming the remaining subsytems for the robot. This includes the elevator,
the elevator arm, and the climbing mechanism as well. Also, we have been testing various cameras and programs in order to get vision processing, real-time camera analysis, working as well. Finally, as previous subsystems have been completed by the mechanical team, we have been testing them.
Leave a Reply.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
Email email@example.com to receive an email notification every time a new blog is posted!